It’s the holiday season, and many of us are generously opening up our homes to family members and friends. The role of host can be quite overwhelming. So, here are some tips to help get your home organized for overnight guests.
1. Welcome your guests by giving them a tour of your home and showing them where they can keep their belongings. If possible, leave some extra hangers in the closet or a few empty drawers in the bedroom dresser.
2. Light a few candles around the house to make houseguests feel relaxed and at home.
3. Do your guests like coffee or tea in the morning? Keep supplies of both and be sure to show guests how to work your caffeine devices.
4. Put extra toiletries in the guest bathroom: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, shaving cream and disposable razors. Leave out fresh washcloths and towels on the bathroom sink or on the bed.
5. Give guests a list of contact information for people in your household.
6. Leave out a piece of paper with your Wi-Fi network and password. If you have any extra chargers for electronic devices, share those with your guests as well.
7. Ask your guests ahead of time if they have any food allergies or preferences. Stock your fridge with fresh fruit and a few snacks that you can share with guests upon arrival and for the duration of their stay. Let them know they are welcome to help themselves in the kitchen.
The best part of the holidays is leisurely hanging around the house and spending time with your loved ones. Don’t over plan activities beyond your regular routines. If you typically go walking or do yoga, invite your guests to join in on these activities. Often times, Traveling can be exhausting so allow your overnight visitors to catch up on some [much needed] downtime.